Rave #1: Tom's Got Shingles

Hey I was talking about new features and this is one. I'll Rave about something I think is good or someone I know said was good. Just cause someone else said the thing was good doesn't mean I won't actually check it out though. So heres my first rave:

Tom's Got Shingles

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



   I'm not a big rock fan but I'll listen to some rock every once in awhile. I especially like it when small bands do covers of famous songs, and thats exactly what the band Tom's Got Shingles does. My friend Jessica(I know your reading this :D) told me about them and said that "Their awesome live and they have great energy and crowd connection." Heres their bio from myspace by Mike a member of the band:

   "Tom's Got Shingles is a Colorado Springs based alternative and rock cover band. We started playing around town in Dec '06 and have been going strong ever since. Why "Tom's Got Shingles"? Well, our keyboardist Tom...got shingles. The guys showed up for practice one day and asked, "Where's Tom?" to which I replied: "Tom's Got Shingles!" The rest is music history! Tom lives up in Denver now with his new bride. Occasionally he'll come down for a show and rock with us! When are you coming down next Tom??? "

So thats a little about Tom's Got Shingles. And just cause they do a lot of covers that doesn't mean that they don't do original songs. "We're working on a couple....and we have one already." says Mark another member of Tom's Got Shingles. Check out when their next gig is if your living in Colorado cause from what I've heard you'll have a good time.

No comments: