Insomnia-Help!

Though i've never gone to the doctor about this problem, I think it is a problem. Its the fact that I can never get to sleep at night at a good time. Really it doesn't matter much cause i'm currently not working or going to school but I really don't think its healthy. It seems I'm awake way more then I am asleep and I know sleep is a very important thing.

Maybe its just the fact that i'm always on this damned thing we call the computer. Don't get me wrong I love computers and the internet but I think it really is connected to my sleeping problem. but then again that isn't really fair to say because I have self control, or i should, and I should be able to say "No!" to the computer asking me to search for useless junk.

Just to let you know how bad my sleeping habits have gotten, yesterday I went to bed at 3 and woke up at 8, thats only 5 hours of sleep! i've seen things online and in magazines saying that sleeping in small amounts is actually a more efficient way to rest your body. I forgot the actual number of days we waste in our lifes sleeping but it was around a few years of our lifes we sleep, which baffles me! Maybe i'm doing it right without knowing or something, I mean I am a strong believer in just enjoying every minute of life even if your bored out of your mind. Well this post was gonna ask for you readers *snickers* to tell me ways they get to sleep but I dont think I wanna sleep more.

So how about this question: do you think you could get used to sleeping for 4 hours a night? So if you look over this blog answer please! Be a contributer not a lurker and I really appreciate any comment I get. Okay I'm gonna go and not sleep for awhile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I don´t know how you feel when you wake up and all. But maybe you have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase).

I have, but I don´t mind. It doesn´t affect me much because I write at home, so I don´t have office hours. The only little problem is that since brain activity tends to be higher after midnight I have a real hard time writing during the day.